We've had some rain so I've turned my attention indoors for a while. There are lots of little projects in the kitchen that need finishing up.
The window weights in the big kitchen window were broken so that was the first thing I did. The window casings were already off from when we gutted the kitchen so it was fairly easy to remove the window and re-rope the weights.
The sill was damaged so I removed it so I could repair it. I didn't get a picture of it when it was broken but it had split on the left side about 6 inches to a knot and broken off into a couple of pieces. I glued and clamped it back together and put about six 2" nailgun nails into it.
Here is a picture after I filled the knot hole in with putty:
Then I filled in all the cracks and holes with wood putty:
All that's left to do is give it a final sanding and reinstall it.
The next thing I did was finish sheetrocking the kitchen. Here is one of the areas that wasn't finished:
And here it is finished:
I also finished the area above the kitchen door:
Now all that's left to do on the walls is mud, sand and paint.