Friday, September 4, 2009

Fence Gates

I haven't had time to post in the last week but I've gotten a lot done on the fence.

Last weekend I worked on the double driveway gates. I had someone weld up 2 frames out of angle iron for the gates. They are 10' by 5' each.


I painted them and the hinges with Rustoleum gloss black paint.


Then I attached one dog-ear picket to the edge of the frame so I could attach the hinges.


Then I was able to prop the gate up against the post, I used a piece of 2x6 clamped to the edge of the gate to hold up the other side.


I used 6" hex head bolts to attach the hinges to the post.


With the gate hung I attached the dog-ears to the frame. to do this I had to first pre-drill each hole in the angle iron then screw the dog-ear in with deck screws.



Once I install the automatic gate openers I will finish off the little things that need to be done.

I've also completed most of the fence line.




I found this rat snake the other day while working on the fence, it looks like a rat or a squirrel bit him in a few places. We cleaned him up a bit then took him a few miles down the road to a creek with a lot of woods around it.

No comments: