Monday, March 2, 2009

Hanging sheetrock in the kitchen

We didn't get as much done as we had hoped today. I had wanted to get all the sheetrock hung but we had too many delays that prevented that.

After hanging the first piece I remembered that I needed to add the extra bracing for the upper cabinets. I had to cut the sheetrock in two places to add it since I wasn't about to remove the piece. It was a really tight fit and was a pain to get it in place.


Then I added the bracing to the rest of the wall.


The following pics show how far I got.



One of the many delays we had was going outside to take pictures of the snow. We actually had over 4" of the stuff! We even heard thunder a few times during the storm. These pictures were taken about 1/2 an hour after it started snowing, that should give you an idea of how hard it was snowing.


1 comment:

Kristy said...

The kitchen is coming along nicely, these first parts are the hardest. I love the snow photo of the house, it looks so peaceful.