Even though I haven't posted in over 10 days a lot has been going on here.
I finally finished laying the insulation and sub-floor for the laundry room/attic.
We also decided to hire out the scraping and primering of the house since we are running out of time before the baby is born.
It doesn't even look like the same house with some primer on it. It's about half way done now.
Last night we installed the attic stairs that go to the main attic. The main reason for this is not really storage but the huge amount of debris up there. It's full of 120 years of coal dust, bits of cedar shingles, and mortar from the chimneys. The coal dust and other debris is slowly sifting down through the beadboard ceiling and getting all over everything. The existing attic access was barely large enough for me to squeeze through, let alone a shop-vac.
Here is the opening framed out.
I will clean up the ceiling and add the trim later.
This morning I painted the porch floor. It's a Valspar porch paint, the color is brownstone.