I've spent the last few weeks working on the house. The side hall was the first project I worked on.
Back in October of last year I laid the new oak flooring in the side hall but I never finished the last row.
It only took about an hour to install the final row of flooring, but last year I spent two sixteen hour days on it and by the time I got to the last row, which I had to rip down to the right size, I was just too tired to finish.
With the floor finally finished I turned to the chair rail. I was originally going to have some made for me but once I looked closely at the profile I realized that I had a router bit that could do it in two passes.
It's an almost perfect match to the original. Next I finished the sheetrock above the chair rail.
The trim that makes the bottom part of the chair rail will have to be made, I cant do it and there is nothing even close at the store.
Here are a few pics of the side hall now.
Left to do still is the trim for the bottom of the chair rail, picture rail, and crown. Oh, and replicate a leg for the Empire dresser...