Finally, after weeks of prep work, The final coat of paint is on the house! I still have a lot of trim to paint and I haven't even started on the porches yet but this is a big milestone for the house. It's been a patchwork of colors, primer, and bare wood for years now.
Here are a few pictures:
(Sorry for the blurry pictures, I think something was on the lense of my camera phone) I had to make a lot of repairs to the siding, here I replaced the bottom two boards, there was one board completely missing and the other was splintered beyond repair. I installed Hardie Board to replace them. It's really a great match, you cant even tell that it's not original.
Here is a shot of the south side of the house during the caulking phase:
Here are some pictures after painting:
There is still a lot of trim work to do on the Sunroom, once all the woodwork is done it will be painted the trim color (Valspar Homestead Resort Jefferson White)
The color is still a little brighter that I wanted and a little too orange but I can live with it and I think it will look great once the trim is cut in.
I'm hoping to have all the trim cut in by this weekend, then it's back to finishing the front porch and columns.