I have managed to get some work accomplished on the house though. I finally wired up a light in the upstairs bathroom. Tiling the shower and finishing the bathroom is the next project I have lined up. I should be able to start on that by next weekend.
One of the projects I was working on is the Nursery. My wife is pregnant and the baby is due in late spring so I had to get this room completed.
Here's a couple of before pictures to show what I started with:
The paint was flaking everywhere so I had to scrape and sand very thoroughly to remove it all. I also had to frame out the doorway to the laundry room that is seen in the picture above. You can also see some holes in the wall that needed patching.
Then I primered and painted everything.
Here are a few after pictures:
There are still a few things left to finish off. There are a few pieces of trim left to install, there are still two small holes in the wall to fix, the doorway and door to the laundry room needs to be primered and painted, the steps to the laundry room need to be built (the ones in the picture are temporary), the electrical in the entire room needs to be wired, the oak chest needs to be painted white, the floor needs to be painted, and we need to find a nice large plush white rug. We also need to get a mattress for the bed and finish decorating.
The other project I've been working on is the kitchen backsplash but I will save that for the next post (tomorrow, not 3 months from now hopefully!).