Monday, September 20, 2010

Workshop progress & house paint

Work has been progressing on the workshop. I've had a lot of other things going on though so it's not been at the pace I'd hoped for.

After my last post I went and got the rest of the wood that I needed and installed the floor joists...


and the flooring. The flooring is yellow pine 2x12's.



I removed the original back wall of the shed to be able to tie in the new section.





Next I started the framing.



I prefer to build my walls in place instead of on the ground then raising them up. The wide opening in the picture is for a set of double doors, each is 2' wide.



The opening on the back wall is for a window. I'm also installing one on the side wall. The windows are 3 over 1, they came from an old farmhouse in Calhoun, Ga that was being torn down.

After the walls were framed up I installed the ridge beam...


and then the rafters and purlins.


Now I just need to get some tin so I can put the roof and walls up.


Meanwhile, while I was doing all of this I had a crew scraping and primering the house.



1 comment:

Jessie said...

You are making it look too easy! Thanks for sharing the progress, I can't wait to see your windows.