Monday, January 11, 2010

Shower mud bed

I've finally began working on the upstairs shower.

Next I put aluminum flashing all around the edges of the shower since there was a small gap between the floor and walls. Then I put down felt and wire mesh.

At this point I realized that I needed to fix the hole in the back wall before I put the mud down.

This hole was the original access to the attic above the dining room and kitchen. The boards I took from the new access in the nursery fit perfectly.

The mud came next.

Getting the mud perfectly smooth and sloped was hard, my trowel was too big so I ended up doing most of it with my bare hands.

Here is what it looks like this morning.

Looks like it's just about dry. This afternoon I'll put the liner down then the final mud bed.

No comments: